Breast Augmentation & Breast Implants Barrie
Breast augmentation Barrie (also referred to as augmentation mammaplasty) results in a person having larger, fuller and more shapely breasts. It is one of the most popular cosmetic surgical procedures. At The Royal Centre of Plastic Surgery, we understand that people who choose to undergo this cosmetic enhancement are self-conscious about the appearance of their breasts, whether they lack fullness, firmness or size. This is the reason that we provide many different breast augmentation options for our patients resulting in long-term, positive results.
The Benefits of Breast Augmentation Barrie
There are many benefits associated with breast augmentation. Breast augmentation at Barrie can allow an individual to achieve a larger breast size by adding volume to a small breast. It can also restore volume lost as a result of breastfeeding or significant weight loss, resulting in a newfound confidence that comes with looking your very best. Dr. Dickie has been performing breast augmentation for over 25 years.
At The Royal Centre of Plastic Surgery, we are committed to helping you achieve your new breast shape by providing an informative consultation with Dr. Dickie. Upon arrival at the Royal Centre of Plastic Surgery, you will be greeted by one of our patient care coordinators who will provide you with a patient education video. Following your video, you will meet with Dr. Dickie to discuss the ideal operation for you and to answer any questions that you may have before making the decision to undergo breast augmentation in Barrie.
How is Breast Augmentation Performed?
There are several different techniques used by Dr. Dickie when performing a breast augmentation. A small incision is made either underneath the breast or around the lower edge of the areola. Once the incision is made, Dr. Dickie creates a pocket into which the implant is inserted. This pocket is made either directly behind the breast tissue or beneath the pectoral muscle (located underneath the breast tissue). The positioning of the implant will depend upon the type of implant desired by the patient, as well as the original breast size.
Options For Breast Augmentation Barrie
Patients who undergo breast augmentation have an option to choose a saline implant (where the implant is filled with a salt water solution) or the newer cohesive gel implant which provides the patient with a very natural feeling breast. Dr. Dickie will help you in deciding which breast augmentation option is best for you. In some cases, your breast augmentation can be combined with a breast lift operation, for those patients who have particularly lax breasts.
Typically, our patients can resume their normal work schedule approximately one week post-operatively. However, it is important not to lift anything heavy for at least one month.
Breast Augmentation Before & After
Results vary and the results shown are not a guarantee. Confidentiality Statement.
Right Breast 475cc
Left Breast 375cc
This 22 year old patient presents with bilateral asymmetry. To correct this asymmetry, Dr. Dickie performed bilateral submuscular augmentation with 475cc of silicone in her right breast and 375cc of saline in her left breast.
Right Breast 425cc
Left Breast 425cc
This 35 year old professional body builder presents with a very strong pectoral muscles and limited breast tissue. Dr. Dickie performed a submuscular augmentation using a 425 cc saline implant.
Right Breast 475cc
Left Breast 375cc
This 27 year old patient presents with bilateral asymmetry. To correct this asymmetry, Dr. Dickie performed bilateral submuscular augmentation with 475cc of saline in her right breast and 375cc of saline in her left breast.
600cc Submuscular Saline Implants
Frequently Asked Questions
- Who is a candidate for breast enlargement?
- women with underdeveloped breasts
- women, who had more breast tissue at one point in their life, but developed
- sagging breasts through weight loss, pregnancy or aging.
- Can a woman breast feed after breast augmentation?If a woman would be able to breast feed without implants, YES, is the answer.
Various studies have shown that breast feeding can be an issue for small breasted women. It is likely that implants will not have an effect either way. Regardless of the type of implant used, there is no known risk to the infant.
- Do breasts with implants sag over time?Factors such age due to the loss of elasticity, weight loss, or even the weight of the implant can cause the breast to relax and can cause sagging. However, though the implants can add some weight to the breasts, the surrounding scar tissue can provide some support for the tissue in the breast.
- What is a mastopexy?A breast lift can be performed surgically if a woman with or without implants feels that her breasts have sagged. If there is excessive sagging, then a breast lift may be performed at the same time as an augmentation.
- Are silicone implants safe in the body?The FDA and thousands of accredited researchers have approved silicone gel implants and saline filled implants for breast augmentation.
- Which implant lasts longer, saline or silicone?The failure rate of a saline filled implant and silicone filled implant is the same. This stands true only if the saline implants are filled to their optimum value. Saline implants, filled below the optimal suggested value, may experience excessive rippling and will consequently not last as long as the silicone filled implant.
- Which implants are more natural?When saline filled implants are filled beyond the manufacturer’s so-called maximum volume, the breast will appear the same as a silicone filled implant. However, some women prefer the very natural feel to the touch of a silicone implant.
- How is the correct implant size chosen?Dr. Dickie will discuss your desired implant size, not by comparing yourself to your friends, who will most likely have a different body type than you, but by a thorough discussion of your expectations and desired look. In your discussion with Dr. Dickie, you will be deciding upon the desired bra size. Your band number won’t change with a breast augmentation, only your cup size. Dr. Dickie will take measurements of your breast, in particular, the diameter of the base of the breast. This will determine the amount of CCs that your chest wall is able to accommodate.
- Do the implants ripple or wrinkle?In general, the degree of wrinkling or rippling can become more apparent in the patient if the patient is thin with a thinner fatty layer in the breast, a smaller pre operative breast size or whether the implant is saline or silicone.
Factors that will help to decrease apparent rippling would be if the patient has a thicker fatty layer, larger pre operative, silicone rather than saline filled and smooth surfaced implants.
- Can I take my herbal medication before my operation?Prior to surgery, Dr. Dickie will ask you to refrain completely from taking any medication containing an anti inflammatory agent. For safety reasons, herbal medication should be discontinued two weeks prior to surgery.
- Is a Tummy Tuck and Breast Reduction Right for You? October 17, 2017
- Want to Enhance Your Lips? Consider Lip Fillers October 4, 2017
- Facial Injections—How to Restore A Youthful Look October 2, 2017
- What to Do About Ugly Hands or Feet September 11, 2017
- How Much Does Liposuction Cost? September 7, 2017