Facelift in Barrie
A facelift (or rhytidectomy) is a surgical procedure performed in order to improve visible signs of facial aging. Facelift in Barrie achieves rejuvenation by tightening the muscle and deeper structures, re-draping the facial and neck skin, as well as removing fatty tissue when necessary. The incisions are concealed in the hairline, the natural line in the ear and curve behind the earlobe to the lower scalp.
Facelift procedures may be performed under sedation or general anesthesia. The decision regarding the type of anaesthesia can be discussed during your consultation.
The Best Candidates for a Facelift in Barrie
Facelift surgery is most commonly performed on patients ranging in age from 45 to 70 years old. However, Dr. Dickie does perform this surgery for both men and women in their late 70’s and 80’s. A facelift may be performed in conjunction with other surgical procedures such as necklift, eyelids, nasal surgery, forehead lift or brow lift surgery.
At the Royal Centre of Plastic Surgery, our patients enjoy the privacy of our surgical suite. Our patients have the option to go home the same day of surgery or to stay in the recovery room overnight with a private nurse.
The healing process will usually take about 10 days. However, Dr. Dickie does suggest to our patients that important events should be delayed for three weeks following their surgery.
Since a facelift can be performed with other facial surgical procedures, it is important that the patient receive an in-depth consultation with Dr. Dickie to discuss the various options available. During the consultation, the patient will have the opportunity to view various pre- and post-operative photos of other people who had similar signs of aging.
In addition to facelift surgery, Dr. Dickie may discuss alternative forms of managing skin laxity in the face and neck. Laser treatment is very effective in improving skin laxity and deep skin wrinkles. Injectable agents may also be used to define facial features in conjunction with appropriate surgical rejuvenation.
Let us help you achieve your desired look. We are committed to help you look and feel great.
Results vary and the results shown are not a guarantee. Confidentiality Statement.
Facelift, Necklift, Upper and Lower Eyelids
This patient presents with marked platysma laxity with jowls and a “double chin” causing a loss of jaw line definition. Dr. Dickie performed a full face and neck lift, restoring youthfulness to the jaw line and mid face.
This patient presents with a weak muscle in her neck (Platysma Laxity.) Dr. Dickie performed a neck lift under local sedation to tighten the muscle, restoring a youthful neck line.
Facelift, Necklift and Chin Augmentation
This patient presents with a loss of jaw line definition and a weak chin, with marked weakness of the platysma muscle. After receiving a full face lift and chin augmentation, she is left with a more youthful, aesthetically pleasing and balanced face.
This patient presents with skin laxity, a weak platysma muscle in her neck and jowls. After receiving a full face lift and neck lift, under local sedation, she is left looking more youthful.
- Who is a good candidate for a facelift?Dr. Dickie believes that the best facelift patient would be a healthy, non –smoker (or stops smoking for at least two weeks prior and one month post surgery), who is interested in correcting sagging skin of the face and neck. Most patients are usually in their forties to seventies. Patients who have lost significant weight and have substantial sagging of the neck and face are also good candidates for a facelift.
- What is the difference between a facelift and a mini facelift?In general, a mini facelift will give mini results. Dr. Dickie will evaluate which operation will best suit our patient. Mini facelifts (or S lifts, or weekend facelift, or limited incision facelifts) can be ideal for people in their forties who wish to look more fresh. The incision is shorter than a full facelift, the recovery time is less and the procedure is less expensive.
- What is a mid facelift?Dr. Dickie will perform a mid facelift in order to elevate the soft tissue of the cheek. This procedure is done at the same time as a facelift and will improve the appearance of a flattened cheek.
- What is a neck lift?Dr. Dickie will perform this procedure every time when a facelift is indicated. A neck lift can be done however, alone without a facelift. Dr. Dickie will make an incision below the chin and will tighten the underlying muscle layer of the neck. Most often, Dr. Dickie will improve the neck and chin line by performing liposuction at the same time.
- Will a facelift correct my eyelids?Eyelid surgery, also known as Blepharoplasty, is a procedure that can be performed in conjunction with a facelift. A facelift alone will not correct the appearance of sagging eyelids or puffiness of the lower eyes. You may also want to consider a brow lift, which will raise the eyebrow to a more youthful position.
- Is a facelift done under local anesthetic or general anesthetic?Dr. Dickie will give you the option to have your facelift performed under general or local anesthetic. Most of Dr. Dickie’s facelifts are performed under local anesthesia with sedation, awake, pain-free and very relaxed.
- How long does it take to perform a facelift?Dr. Dickie will usually complete a full facelift in approximately 4 hours. If the upper and lower eyelids are being done, the procedure will be closer to 5.5 to 6 hours in length.
- Do I have to spend the night after my facelift procedure?Unless a patient requests to spend the night in our private clinic, all of our facelift patients will go home the same day as the surgery. Post operatively, the patient will go home with a small thin drainage tube which is placed under the skin, behind the ear in order to drain any excess blood. Dr. Dickie’s facelift patients return to the clinic the following day to have the drainage tube removed and the major head dressing changed to a simple compression garment.
- Is a Tummy Tuck and Breast Reduction Right for You? October 17, 2017
- Want to Enhance Your Lips? Consider Lip Fillers October 4, 2017
- Facial Injections—How to Restore A Youthful Look October 2, 2017
- What to Do About Ugly Hands or Feet September 11, 2017
- How Much Does Liposuction Cost? September 7, 2017