Dermaplaning in Barrie
Dermaplaning helps the skin look and feel smoother and brighter by removing dead skin cells and vellus hair. One of the major benefits of Dermaplaning is the increase in effectiveness of your products are able to penetrate deeper into the skin. It is especially good for people who have a lot of red in their skin as it does not break delicate capillaries. Make-up artists encourage their clients to get dermaplanes or micro peels a couple days prior to events because the skin is dramatically smoother and make-up sets nicely after the removal of the vellus hair from the face.
Fuzz-Free Face: Will the hair grow back?
No. This is a common myth, but the hair on your face is not the same as the hair on your legs or bikini line. It will not be effected by a dermaplane in any way, and it will not grow back thicker, darker, or more visible.
How is Dermaplaning performed?
Dermaplane treatments last about 30 minutes. Emily will cleanse the face, and then use a sterile blade to gently exfoliate your skin. No anesthesia is needed as this is a pain-free treatment. The sloughed off skin cells and “peach fuzz” will be gently wiped away at the end of the procedure – revealing a fresh, vibrant skin surface.
For more questions or to book a consultation, call and speak to our Medical Esthetician, Emily Lancia.
- Understanding Different Types of Breast Implants January 15, 2018
- Common Types of Cosmetic Neck Surgery Procedures December 18, 2017
- Everything You Need to Know About Broken Nose Surgery December 4, 2017
- The Ups, Downs, Over and Unders of Breast Implants November 6, 2017
- Why More Men are Opting for Cosmetic Surgery November 2, 2017