BELKYRA™ for Doublechin
BELKYRA™ for Submental Fullness (SMF)
The chin area (or “submental region”) can be prone to fullness – that is, collecting and holding fat that is often resistant to diet and exercise. Submental fullness also known as fullness, fat under the chin or a “double chin” is a manifestation of aging of the foundation of the skin, muscle, bone and fat – and it can detract from an otherwise balanced and harmonious appearance.
Fullness under the chin impacts both women and men, and is influenced by several factors such as aging, genetics and weight gain. It’s a common misperception that fullness under the chin only appears in those who are overweight – when in reality, it can occur in any body type.
Regardless of a person’s age or overall body type, it can lead to consumers looking older and feeling heavier than they really are.
BELKYRA™ (deoxycholic acid) is the first and only Health Canada approved non-surgical injectable treatment that helps to dissolve fat under the chin and improve chin contours. BELKYRA™ consists of a synthetic form of deoxycholic acid which is a naturally occurring substance in our bodies. When injected into a targeted area, it destroys fat cell membranes, allowing the fat inside to be released and naturally eliminated from the body.
- You are bothered by fullness under your chin
- You don’t want to get surgery
- You eat well and exercise, but the fullness under your chin doesn’t go away
Fill out one of the consultation inquiry fields on our website and one of our patient care coordinators will contact you to arrange for you to meet Dr. Dickie to discuss treatment options.
- Understanding Different Types of Breast Implants January 15, 2018
- Common Types of Cosmetic Neck Surgery Procedures December 18, 2017
- Everything You Need to Know About Broken Nose Surgery December 4, 2017
- The Ups, Downs, Over and Unders of Breast Implants November 6, 2017
- Why More Men are Opting for Cosmetic Surgery November 2, 2017