“Mommy makeovers”, a series of cosmetic surgery procedures designed to help women who have finished having children regain their pre-baby bodies, are contributing to the popularity of cosmetic surgery among women between the ages of 20-39. Performed under general anesthesia, a mommy makeover in Barrie may include the following procedures:
- Liposuction, which breaks up fat and cellulite and then removes them from the body. Many plastic surgeons are now opting for ‘Smart Lipo“, which utilizes a camera and a laser to target specific fat pockets and seals the blood vessels, reducing the swelling and bruising which may occur after the surgery.
- Tummy Tuck, the classic procedure which removes fat and excess skin from the abdomen.
- Breast lift, which combats sagging breasts by forcing breast tissue together, creating the appearance of volume and improves the shape of the breast. Many women opt for a breast lift as an alternative to Breast Augmentation, which surgically enhances the size and/or shape of the breast.
- Thigh Lift: Similar to a tummy tuck, a thigh lift removes excess fat and reshapes the thighs, making them appear firmer and more youthful.
Your journey towards a mommy makeover in Barrie begins with a consultation with your plastic surgeon. This meeting gives you an opportunity to ask any questions you might have about the procedures, risks, and recovery times. Here are five questions you should ask:
- Are you certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgeons and/or are you a member of the American Society of Plastic Surgeons? A board certified and accredited plastic surgeon is held to the highest professional standards and has received the most advanced training.
- Is it safe to combine procedures: Many plastic surgeons believe that it is safe to combine surgeries. Combining surgeries allows for a singular anesthesia and recovery time. It is also often more economical to bundle your procedures.
- How long does a mommy makeover take? The length of the surgeries depend upon which procedures are performed. A mommy makeover in Barrie tends to run between four and six hours, plus an hour to two hours in the recovery room.
- Am I good candidate for a mommy makeover? If you are in good physical health and are finished both having children and breastfeeding, you are a candidate for a mommy makeovers. Many surgeons recommend waiting between six months and a year after the birth of your last child before scheduling a mommy makeover in Barrie.
- How long is the recovery from a mommy makeover? Every patient has a different rate of recovery, however, there are some general guidelines: two to three days on serious, around the clock pain medication. Two-three weeks to taper medication and resume normal schedule. Two years for scars to fade
A mommy makeover can help boost your self esteem and confidence. Discussing these five questions before your mommy makeover in Barrie will help you feel comfortable with your surgeon, help you manage your recovery, get the results you want and deserve.