Monesa finally got tired of people asking her when she was due about a year after her fifth child was born. “My belly got bigger after each child,” she recalls, “and people were offering me a seat on the subway as if I was still eight months pregnant. It was so embarrassing. I had no time to work out, and it didn’t seem to help anyway.”
Monesa is one of the thousands of women who opt for the so-called ‘mommy makeover’ each year, and like the overwhelming majority of women who have these procedures, she is thrilled with the results of her surgery. “I feel attractive again,” she says. So what’s the secret?
Mommy Makeover: The Customized Surgery That Restores a Pre-Baby Body
The mommy makeover isn’t a single procedure, but a combination of surgeries. For most women, the stomach muscles are stretched and loose skin & excess weight has accumulated around the midsection, necessitating liposuction and a tummy tuck. Many women also face sagging breasts that could benefit from a breast lift, lost volume that could be corrected with breast implants, and excess fat around the hips, thighs, and buttocks that could benefit from liposuction.
Why Not Just Exercise?
Post-partum surgery is nothing new, but as the popularity, safety and affordability of cosmetic surgery grows, more and more plastic surgeons are bundling procedures to produce optimum results for women looking to restore their pre-baby figures. That means instead of having procedures done separately, you can take advantage of sedation to get several surgeries done at the same time.
The ideal candidate for a mommy makeover should:
- Have had all of her children already.
- Be within 20 lbs of her target weight.
- Have problem areas (loose skin, localized excess fat deposits, drooping breasts, etc.) that are resistant to diet and exercise and beyond the patient’s control.
- Practice a healthy lifestyle: no smoking, minimal drinking, a healthy diet, and frequent exercise.
- Have someone to care for her small children and household for at least two weeks after the surgery.
- Possess the financial ability to pay or finance approximately $15,000-$40,000 worth of procedures.
Learn More About the Mommy Makeover
Ultimately, for moms or anyone else, having cosmetic surgery is a personal decision. If you feel uncomfortable with your post-baby body, a mommy makeover might be right for you. At Royal Centre of Plastic Surgery, we have helped thousands of moms achieve their pre-baby bodies and hopefully we can help you achieve your desired look as well.